Maybe you know the feeling.
Hunched-over, trying to get through that book, furrowed-brow?
Countless annotations, endless highlighting and underlining, anxiety mounting?
For many, reading is a drawn-out struggle to find and finish the right books. But it doesn’t have to be.
At any moment, you should be reading the best book you know of in the world. Not the best book for everyone, but the best book for you. Most importantly, you should enjoy it.
To do that, you need to come to peace with your existing reading habits and learn how to improve them. Instead of feeling guilty and constantly comparing yourself to others, work on building on what you’re currently doing.
What is Insightful Reading?
- A creative collection of the reading habits that help you lead a successful and impactful life. Reading exposes you to someone else’s mind, with all its experiences, knowledge and feelings – sometimes, it may be precisely those ideas that fill in a gap in what you are doing or searching for in that moment.
- An idea space that makes productive collisions more likely to happen. Reading offers knowledge, new ideas and concepts on how you can achieve your set goals.
- A source of tools that you can immediately and naturally apply to your own reading habits. The right habits will get you far and help you build so much momentum.
- A productive exercise in becoming a smart reader. Viewing reading as a ritual that kickstarts motivation by hacking your mindset.
It doesn’t have to be hard or a struggle. Reading should challenge your assumptions and view of reality and you should enjoy books as a healthy means of escaping it.
Sounds good? Let us explain.
Insightful Reading by Bookly exists to:
- make reading easier to do, which, in turn, means you are more likely to be consistent. To create a steady learning and applying ritual.
- help you see that the most important book on your bookshelf is the one you haven’t read yet.
- let yourself enjoy reading books again.
- help you find the right book, at the right time.
- help you evaluate yourself by what you get out of the books you read, not how many you own.
- bring back the value of making annotations in a way that imprints the finer points of the book more firmly into your mind.
Here are just some of the things that will happen once you create a reading ritual that works in your favor:
- You’ll find more time for reading and learning, even when busy or overwhelmed.
- You will stay consistent on using that time productively, without falling prey to distraction.
- You will increase the results you receive from reading with proven tactics that help you remember and apply what you learn.
- You will learn not to feel guilty for the disregard of good, when you strike something great.
Join 30,000 Bookly Readers
Reading doesn’t have to be a solitary act. We want to provide an entire experience around a book, sparking imaginations and connecting individuals.
Join the Insightful Reading by Bookly community and receive practical advice from power readers that comb through 200+ books/year.
Learn how to read both quickly and in depth over a wide range of subjects, and then to be able to appreciate, analyze and evaluate what you have read with clear and incisive intelligence.
In turn, by submitting your personal journey with reading to Insightful Reading by Bookly, you’re using your skills to help others by recommending the books that shaped your thinking.
“It never gets easier, you just go faster”Greg LeMond